mist and air coolant system recommendation?

Talk about all things CNC
jkanzaki

mist and air coolant system recommendation?

Post by jkanzaki » Tue May 24, 2016 12:08 am

Anyone has any good recommendation for buying a preassemble or a diy mist or air coolant system?

Thanks
Shapeoko 1 - dissassemble
Shapeoko 2 - 1 x 1m expansion TinyG, superPid, Dw660, Aluminum extrusion bed, Nema 23, acme, Z axis upgrade, Dual Y
Shapeoko 3 - 0051 Stock Dw611, SuperPid, limit switch, 9mm belt

atrueresistance

Re: mist and air coolant system recommendation?

Post by atrueresistance » Tue May 24, 2016 9:28 pm

I have been looking at adding something like this and maybe driving it with an airbrush compressor or regular compressor? I've been tossing around this idea for some time as an air assist for the laser attachment.
Shapeoko 1 #unknown
Shapeoko 3 #572
Checkout my Etsy Store

sgth0mas

Post by sgth0mas » Wed May 25, 2016 8:15 pm

atrueresistance wrote:I have been looking at adding something like this and maybe driving it with an airbrush compressor or regular compressor? I've been tossing around this idea for some time as an air assist for the laser attachment.
I actually have one of those but havent tried it yet because of my laziness. Ill report back when its hooked up.

CrazyBillybob

Post by CrazyBillybob » Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 pm

I was looking at the same unit. So I'm interested in finding out if it's worth the $$ or should I just spend more for one like from Enco or some other tool retailers. (will be watching for an update).

cbb

jkanzaki

Post by jkanzaki » Mon May 30, 2016 9:42 am

I am curious to see does anyone in this forum uses
-kool mist coolant system
-fogbuster
-trico Md1200

thanks
Shapeoko 1 - dissassemble
Shapeoko 2 - 1 x 1m expansion TinyG, superPid, Dw660, Aluminum extrusion bed, Nema 23, acme, Z axis upgrade, Dual Y
Shapeoko 3 - 0051 Stock Dw611, SuperPid, limit switch, 9mm belt

chamnit

Post by chamnit » Tue May 31, 2016 4:48 pm

From what I understand, mist coolant leaves a thin layer of oil all over everything in your shop, because the oil droplets float around. So, if you don't mind that, it's supposed to be pretty nice for non-enclosed machines.

JeromyReno

Post by JeromyReno » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:52 pm

i run a trico oil spray on my machine, it works great, it's not cheep by any means but i have cut a lot of aluminum, and both steel and stainless steel with my s3. the oil does less cooling which is what you really want with aluminum, but it cuts down on friction and gives a smoother cut and the air from the spray does the heat reduction. i used a cool mist a lot before and it did a really good job of keeping the heat down and making the cutter last for ever. both are good. they do both get residue in the close vicinity, the oilier really only makes a mess on the work piece and machine table. the coolant sprayer will travel a bit farther but in reality its not bad at all, the benefits out weigh the cons by far.