Batch 5 - Shipping?

Talk about all things CNC
BHSPitMonkey

Batch 5 - Shipping?

Post by BHSPitMonkey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 pm

(Or at least it appears that way!)

I ordered a mechanical kit during the Inventables batch 5 (the one that stopped taking orders on Sept. 30th), and yesterday I received an email through my MyUPS account informing me of the tracking information. The tracker shows that it's a 15-pound package from INVENTABLES.COM, and that it should arrive here tomorrow.

The curious thing is that I still haven't received a shipment notification from Inventables. The only reason I have my tracking number is because I use a free service offered by UPS which tells you about tracking numbers heading to your address.

Just wanted to let people know!
Last edited by BHSPitMonkey on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dointhangs

Re: Batch 5 Shipping!

Post by dointhangs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 pm

this cant be right? Batch 4 hasnt shipped yet. Batch 4 closed end of august. Unless they are going to hammer out 4 and 5 all in one shot and yours jumped through? Exciting if so, maybe so!
Shapeoko #298, dual drive upgrade, acme z axis, open bed endplates and a slightly larger ("expanded desktop") work area!

jluther

Post by jluther » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:00 pm

They could have built extras in batch 4. They are offering as a standard product with a 45 day lead time now on inventables too... I haven't received my batch 4 yet either so this is very interesting

BHSPitMonkey

Post by BHSPitMonkey » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Update

I was pretty skeptical of this getting in motion so fast, and for good reason! Today is the day listed for "expected delivery", but there has still been no activity on the tracking page other than "a label has been printed" (in other words, UPS doesn't even have the package yet).

I'm assuming that Inventables generates their UPS labels on-site (as volume shippers tend to do), and simply has a box with my address on it in a staging area (along with everyone else's) while they work on producing each of the parts.

So, not as exciting as I'd thought, but at least I have a tracking number I can subscribe to!

rpe

Re: Batch 5 - Shipping?

Post by rpe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm in Batch 4 and haven't received any notifications yet.

plomac

Re: Batch 5 - Shipping?

Post by plomac » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:29 am

Hi,

This is Phil with Inventables. We have not begun shipping batch 4 or batch 5. We have created shipping labels for a portion of batch #4 which would have generated a UPS notice to users who have a UPS quantum view service but the orders have not been shipped out yet. We generate the shipping labels in batches in advance of UPS actually picking up the shipments. Here is the latest status for batch 4 and 5: Edward and I are doing a QC build tomorrow at the kitting factory tomorrow to double check everything is good to go since we made a few slight adjustments since batch #3. If everything goes okay we will begin shipping out batch #4 over the next several days until all batch #4 orders are shipped out by end of day November 1st.

Soon after we will begin shipping batch #5 as all of the inventory needed for batch 5 kits is already at the kitting factory or soon arriving in the next few days. Hope this helps. If the first post could let me know their Inventables confirmation # I can double check status of the order and make sure there wasn't an error that caused a shipping notice to be sent for a batch 5 order. Thanks for your support. Phil