WillAdams   1
jagmills    1
tekadept    2
cvoinescu   1
Threefer	 1
JPeterG     2
=============
Total		12
Looks like we meet the first price break, so the collets will be US $17.50 each plus a small processing fee and postage.

What do I mean by small processing fee? Well, I'd like to accept payments via PayPal, because it's faster and more convenient than snail-mailing checks, especially for international orders. If I accept payment via PayPal, they will charge me 2.9% + $0.30 / transaction to receive your money. So to break even (which is my only intent, this is not a business for me), I'll need to add in this fee, which works out to $0.81 for a single collet order, and $1.32 for a two collet order.

If anyone in the US that doesn't like/trust PayPal and would prefer to pay by check, I'll accept that as well. As I mentioned before, I'm not doing this as a business, so personal checks are fine (no need to send a money order or cashier's check.) Note however that I'm not going to subtract out the processing fee for check based orders, because of the extra time involved depositing the check and waiting for it to clear.

With respect to postage, I was thinking of keeping things as inexpensive as possible, and using First Class mail to send your collets out to you. Doing so will add about $2.00 to the price of the order. Also, since I have to pay the manufacturer to ship the collets to me before I can distribute them to all of you, I'm thinking of just rounding the order cost up to the nearest dollar and call it a day. Therefore the final price for an order will be:

- US $21 for a single collet order.
- US $39 for a two collet order.

If this sounds good to everyone, I'll go ahead and place the order on Monday, May 19th. Please let me know how you would prefer to pay, and I'll send you PayPal account / home address information as is appropriate via PMs (apparently I've now posted enough messages to qualify for sending PMs. :D ) Once I get the collets, I'll ship them out upon receipt of your payment and notify you via PM that your order is on its way.

Does that make sense to everyone? Seem fair? Any objections? Suggestions?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Peter.
Shapeoko 2 #5059. Assembly in progress...

wz9v

Re: Custom 1/8" Collet for Makita RT0701C Trim Router

Post by wz9v » Mon May 19, 2014 12:49 am

I'm good. Let me know where to send money when your ready.
Shapeoko 2 - Mechanical kit 4731
Z-Axis Acme Screw Upgrade / Makita RT0701C / Re-enforced Y and X-Axis / External Belts on Y / Extrusion work top

obrif

Post by obrif » Mon May 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Put me down for 2 as well
will send payment by PayPAL
Delivery will be to Ireland
Yours
Shane

JPeterG

Post by JPeterG » Mon May 19, 2014 5:50 pm

obrif wrote:Put me down for 2 as well
Shane,

I already placed the order request this morning for the original set of 12. I'll try to get two more added for you. I'll let you know shortly if i was successful.

Peter.

JPeterG

Post by JPeterG » Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Shane,

You're in luck. I got you in for two. Will PM with payment details shortly.

Peter.

JPeterG

Post by JPeterG » Mon May 19, 2014 10:00 pm

So here's the latest update on the custom 1/8" collets for the Makita RT0701C.

I placed an order this morning (May 19) for 12 collets, so the ball is rolling.

After placing the order, I got a late request for two more collets. I asked the manufacturer if we could get two more added to the order, and they said they will make a few extra collets to round up the the run, and will keep them on hand if we need to request more. So I can take requests for up to 12 more pieces if others decide they are interested.

I will be sending out PMs detailing how much your payment will be based on the number of collets you requested, and how to make payment.

After that, I will let you know when the collets arrive, and when I have shipped them off to you.

Stay tuned,

Peter.

tekadept

Post by tekadept » Tue May 20, 2014 1:17 am

It appears I dont have permissions to send PM's yet. le Sigh. Please contact me via email tekadept at hotmail dot com

jtopoko

Post by jtopoko » Tue May 20, 2014 3:57 am

I noticed some discussion re European versions previous to this, excuse me if it has been resolved.

EU/US versions aside, will this option work on the previous generation Makita RT0700 ? I think there is very little difference, but keen to know prior to going in on this... :D

JPeterG

Post by JPeterG » Tue May 20, 2014 8:45 am

jtopoko wrote:I noticed some discussion re European versions previous to this, excuse me if it has been resolved.

EU/US versions aside, will this option work on the previous generation Makita RT0700 ? I think there is very little difference, but keen to know prior to going in on this... :D
From what I understand, the router is the same, it's just the bases that it ships with that are different. So the collet should work correctly for you.

Peter.

obrif

Post by obrif » Tue May 20, 2014 9:16 am

Peter
Sent payment to that email address you PM me on

Yours
Shane