DW660 Questions

northbear

Re: DW660 Questions

Post by northbear » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 pm

PLHS54 wrote: The second way also allows you to slide in different types of fixtures as well, such as an extruder (I've got that designed too), a laser, or even your pen. These different fixtures are all contained in their own modules, so switching between one another should only take about 10 seconds.
PLHS54 wrote: I'll send you a design I came up with to stiffen up the z-axis while keeping the tool in one piece.
I would be interested in seeing these designs! Care to share?
PLHS54 wrote: Does anybody know more accurately the magnitude of the forces encountered when milling, or is 10lbs a good estimate?
I was actually looking for this information today and didn't find much good information. I think it depends on too many variables (bit speed, diameter, type of material etc etc) I will post back here if I find anything.
My buildlog is here

PLHS54

Re: DW660 Questions

Post by PLHS54 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 pm

northbear wrote:
PLHS54 wrote: The second way also allows you to slide in different types of fixtures as well, such as an extruder (I've got that designed too), a laser, or even your pen. These different fixtures are all contained in their own modules, so switching between one another should only take about 10 seconds.
PLHS54 wrote: I'll send you a design I came up with to stiffen up the z-axis while keeping the tool in one piece.
I would be interested in seeing these designs! Care to share?
PLHS54 wrote: Does anybody know more accurately the magnitude of the forces encountered when milling, or is 10lbs a good estimate?
I was actually looking for this information today and didn't find much good information. I think it depends on too many variables (bit speed, diameter, type of material etc etc) I will post back here if I find anything.
Yeah, I'll post the designs in the next couple days! I'm just waiting on some things first.

What kind of spindles are most people using out there?

Digitalmagic

Custom spindle mount on Ebay

Post by Digitalmagic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Can be useful, offering custom mount.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-ROUTER-SPIN ... 2c66e648d5
s/o #650 - Wish my digits are ... magic!