Good deal on a 3D Printer

Talk about all things CNC
reganissu

Re: Good deal on a 3D Printer

Post by reganissu » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:13 pm

I am having problems here with the sunhokey prusa i3. Seems that thermistor sensors either send an open signal to the board or, apparently in a random behaviour, they send more suitable datas to the board but with awful voltage spikes - thinking about interferences from a defective mks v1.1 ramps board here. Both these conditions stop me from getting my first print :cry:

I wrote sunhokey asking for advice/replacement, but I don't know if its better to try to fight for a trick in the configuration file or if I am missing something.

I checked the sensors with a ohmeter and they are ok. Tried some PID autotuning on them but with no luck. Now I recall that the only moment in wich I can obesrve the interferences is during PID autotuning (trough repetier temp tables) , rest of the time the sensors look dead. I have identified from the test the sensors, which are 100k.

this is a screenshot from the last PID autotuning try, in which i could not even get "normal" sensing with spikes, but only crazy readings.
Can someone interpret the relationship between the extrusor graph (the one with the green band) and the general graph? They seem not coherent to me

I'll let you know about sunhokey support
Shapeoko 2 with 1000mm xrail, makita router
Prusa I3, 3D printer

halfnormal

Post by halfnormal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Have you updated the firmware? Are you using Marlin?

reganissu

Post by reganissu » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:28 am

Yes I use Marlin and I have updated it going trough the calibration steps on the reprap wiki, i am happy with the movement of my machine, also heatbed and extruder get hot - i cannot just control them. By the way i had chosen epsac 100k sensor in marlin. I used the custom configuration.h file twforeman got from sunhokey (earlier in this thread) altough I had to make some change here and there to avoid compilation errors that were popping out.
Prusa I3, 3D printer

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Which version of Marlin are you compiling? I get no errors when I compile using the exact configuration.h file I sent you.

Make sure you are using the 1.0.2 tagged branch, and not development.

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/1.0.2
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts

reganissu

Post by reganissu » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Make sure you are using the 1.0.2 tagged branch, and not development.
First gotcha here. I checked and I am using development. I'll try to use the one you suggest when I get home. Thanks!
Prusa I3, 3D printer

reganissu

Post by reganissu » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 am

installing Marlin version 1.0.2 and then putting the configuration.h from twforeman (first pages on this thread) fixed my issue with thermistor!
Prusa I3, 3D printer

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:32 pm

reganissu wrote:installing Marlin version 1.0.2 and then putting the configuration.h from twforeman (first pages on this thread) fixed my issue with thermistor!
Great news! So I guess I'll stay away from the bleeding edge development branch then. :)
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts

Harasi

Post by Harasi » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Great discussion please keep it up am learning and getting tips in here. Got a small problem am missing a picture called xyz axis location, which is mentioned on the hardware connection picture. Can someone please share it. I need to do the wiring but can't find this pic on my cd.
Shapeoko 2 full kit # unknown .. Makita compact router .. ACME Z axis upgrade kit

halfnormal

Post by halfnormal » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:04 pm

Here ya go!
Attachments
XYZ AXIS LOCATION.jpg
XYZ AXIS LOCATION.jpg (398.12 KiB) Viewed 2121 times

halfnormal

Post by halfnormal » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:13 pm

jacob32123 wrote:
halfnormal wrote:BTW have your found a good source of inexpensive filament?
Microcenter has it for $15 a spool for ABS/PLA/HIPS. I've had very good luck with all of their filaments.
Well I just ordered 3, 1 KG spools of filaments from Microcenter online for $52 including shipping. 2 PLA and 1 ABS Inland brand.
They were $14.99 each. I found very few negative reviews so I thought I would give it a shot.

Far cheaper than Amazon with Prime shipping!