Double Sided PCB

eva1985

Re: Double Sided PCB

Post by eva1985 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 am

oh, i like this board, very good.

CastIrony

Post by CastIrony » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:14 pm

scott216 wrote:I was getting ready to solder it and it struck me I didn't take into account the holes are not plated through :cry: Most of the holes are for headers and I can't solder those pads if they are on the top layer. Previous to this all my double sided boards were sent out to be made so the holes were plated through. I won't make that mistake again.

To get good results you need pretty low spindle run-out. I found on my Dewalt DW660 that the collet runout varied a lot from one collet to another.

I read a tip somewhere that flatbed scanners do a good jog for "taking pictures" of PCB boards, that how I got the pictures I posted.
I remember reading somewhere that people were having luck doing DIY thru-hole plating, painting the holes with conductive ink first.
Shapeoko 3 #192 - Complete! Needs limit switches.

scott216

Post by scott216 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am

CastIrony wrote: I remember reading somewhere that people were having luck doing DIY thru-hole plating, painting the holes with conductive ink first.
I discovered something called PCB rivets and have been using these. I'm using them as a via, not as a "plated hole" that a part goes in. You can also put a part through it, but only if the parts wire has a pretty small diameter (at least for the size rivets I have). I got mine on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... t&_sacat=0
Shapeoko v2 with DW660
GRBL v0.9i

roontoon

Post by roontoon » Thu May 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Nice board. I am going to attempt my first double sided board and I found FlatCAM very useful in creating the G-code. It has options for double sided boards.

d

scott216

Post by scott216 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:37 pm

roontoon wrote:Nice board. I am going to attempt my first double sided board and I found FlatCAM very useful in creating the G-code. It has options for double sided boards.

d
If you're using Cadsoft Eagle to design your boards, then I'd recommend using pcb-gcode to create the gcode. It's a ULP script that works right withing Eagle and works very well.
Shapeoko v2 with DW660
GRBL v0.9i

roontoon

Post by roontoon » Sun May 17, 2015 12:31 am

Thanks. I am using KiCAD.

richardcn

Post by richardcn » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:25 am

I like this board, very good.I think this is FR1 board!

KrisDong

Post by KrisDong » Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 am

I order 10 or so of these from PCBGOGO or a similar cheap supplier from China. Test vigorously, and also get an idea of how the circuit will behave when pushed to edge cases. This is also a good opportunity to try out different PCB layout techniques to see what works and doesn't work in terms of high speed traces, separating analog/digital grounds, closing the loop for DC switchers, etc since layout plays a huge role in the design of those circuits as well.

PCBGOGO master various EAD softwares such as Allegro, POWER PCB, ORCAD, AUTO CAD and CAM350 etc. They are very familiar with the design standard and technology standard in the local and international market, and also have full experience about the PCB layout and wiring design, power supply design, SI analysis and EMC design. They have the ability to finish the whole design process from drawing the schematic to assembly.