Anyone At Maker Faire NYC?

Talk about all things CNC
ajacocks

Anyone At Maker Faire NYC?

Post by ajacocks » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:44 pm

My wife and I are at the faire, and couldn't find any sign of the owners' meetup. Is anyone going to be there, tomorrow?

- Alex
Shapeoko 2 #3250

McOtis

Re: Anyone At Maker Faire NYC?

Post by McOtis » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Yesterday (Saturday) I found an empty Shapeoko booth, so not sure what happened to the meetup. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the show on Sunday.

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Please accept our apologies.

There was something which came up which prevented Edward from coming out w/ the booth (personal matter, everything is fine and no reason to worry), so the booth was cancelled.

I'd thought someone else would make an announcement, but didn't notice that hadn't happened, and was tied up in alternate plans for the weekend (attending a Magic: The Gathering tournament w/ my son).
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

Camel

Post by Camel » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:36 pm

What happened to the 3D carving lecture that was supposed to be led by Zack Kaplan on Saturday? They had us wait 15 minutes only to tell us that it was canceled.

I was really disappointed in the lack of CNC milling stuff there. There were 500 different 3D printers and just a few routers - and zero Shapeokos.

Mhagan

Post by Mhagan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Camel wrote:What happened to the 3D carving lecture that was supposed to be led by Zack Kaplan on Saturday? They had us wait 15 minutes only to tell us that it was canceled.

I was really disappointed in the lack of CNC milling stuff there. There were 500 different 3D printers and just a few routers - and zero Shapeokos.
I saw around 20 in various states of hacking. LaserInk was there with their Shapeoko laser cutter conversion. Several hacker spaces had theirs in attendance. And many of the vendors had one demonstrating how they made their wares. Then there were 3-4 people in the Maker tent with CNC routers that were not Shapeokos, some were convertible 3d printers, some were dedicated CNC machines, Oh and Shopbot, dont forget about shopbot.

McOtis

Post by McOtis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Is there any plans to have a table at 2015's NYC Maker Faire?
Or maybe an unofficial gathering?