A month ago or so, I installed phlatscipt, I never got it to work correctly and forgot about it as I were not ready to mill anything anyway.
Yesterday I had some things to mill for my p&p head (will make a separate thread in pick and place subforum).
After searching the Internet and trying various things I got it to work eventually, so here is a write up what you need to do:
- Get phlatscript from their forum page. (Need to sign up)
- Unzip the files.
- Somewhat confusing this plugin should not go into the plugin directory but directly to '/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/'.
- /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/tools/phlatboyztools.rb
- /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/tools/Phlatboyz/
- /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Resources/en-US/PhlatBoyz.strings
- Change this line to true (/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/tools/Phlatboyz/Constants.rb):
Code: Select all
# Set this to true if you have problems with the parameter dialog being blank or crashing SU Use_compatible_dialogs = false
- If you want to change other default values. do it in Constants.rb as well.
- Start Sketchup
- Access the phlatscript tools either from View\Tool Palettes\Phlatboyz or Tools\Phlatboyz.
Before changing Use_compatible_dialogs, the parameters dialog was blank and needed a resize to show anything, also any changed values resulted in corrupt settings. After setting Use_compatible_dialogs to true everything works.