Using Vectric Aspire to generate Shapeoko g-code

k4mg

Using Vectric Aspire to generate Shapeoko g-code

Post by k4mg » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:48 pm

I use Aspire to generate my cut files. I have tried the Mach Post Processor, possible works, but moving funny and lots of unsupported g-codes, like m codes, no drawing or dimensions shown. I next tried the Fanuc PP, works, but lots of unsupported g-codes, (m codes), no drawing or dimensions shown. I had most success with the Generic arcs-mm PP, no drawing, but dimensions are shown, and plots point being cut. I would definitely like to see the plot of my g-code. Does anyone know the best one to use, or a modified one they would share?
Thanks,
Barry, k4mg

k4mg

Re: Using Vectric Aspire to generate Shapeoko g-code

Post by k4mg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Found that if I got version 3.3.4 of Grbl Controller, it now shows the drawing properly and plots point being cut using the Fanuc or Generic PP. The new release also does some other good stuff. For the Mach3 PP, drawing is now shown, but no points being cut.

So my problem is solved.
Thanks,
Barry, k4mg

Improbable Construct

Post by Improbable Construct » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:28 pm

That is good information.
Thanks for taking the time to post your findings.
Shapeoko #Classified some of the bolts may be original parts.
Shapeoko 1 # ???? Stainless plates, still in the box.
Shapeoko 2 # 3926 not stock
Shapeoko 3 # 0003
Store:
http://ImprobableConstruct.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/ImprblConstruct

offerd15

Post by offerd15 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Ok i'm trying to output some cuts from Aspire to use with my GRBL controlled Arduino and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good post processor. I'm a little confused and was wondering if you could tell me which PP work with Gcodesender. Thanks

hjubm2

Post by hjubm2 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:35 am

Has anyone found a Post Processor in this program that is fully compatible with the Shapeoko running GRBL 0.8c? I've tried a dozen or so different ones and I can not get it to play nicely. So far the best one I have found still causes grinding on the Z Axis and the X & Y axis's to pause instead of being smooth. These problems only happen with GCode generated via Aspire for some reason. So has anyone found a fully compatible Post Processor in this program?

Thanks

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:09 am

It's a commercial program, have you tried their tech support?

Any documentation on how to create a post-processor for it?

There's a list of supported G-codes on the wiki ( http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ed_by_Grbl ) have you compared a problem file to it? Could you post a problem section?
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

hjubm2

Post by hjubm2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:09 am

WillAdams wrote:It's a commercial program, have you tried their tech support?

Any documentation on how to create a post-processor for it?

There's a list of supported G-codes on the wiki ( http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ed_by_Grbl ) have you compared a problem file to it? Could you post a problem section?
I tried emailing their tech support but they basically just said to try all the different Post Processors included in the program. It appears to be a mixture of the Post Processor and the file I was trying to use which has caused the problem as other simpler models work well enough to use so I'll keep going through the documentation etc to see if I can improve it better.

Thanks for the link WillAdams, been quite helpful today.

Erlend

Post by Erlend » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:20 am

I have the same problem. I'm trying to use Vectric VCarve, and have tried the Generic Arcs Inch. The Z is, as you say, "grinding". Did you ever find out what in your design was causing this? (The toolpaths display nicely in GRBL Controller.)

hjubm2

Post by hjubm2 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:39 am

Erlend wrote:I have the same problem. I'm trying to use Vectric VCarve, and have tried the Generic Arcs Inch. The Z is, as you say, "grinding". Did you ever find out what in your design was causing this? (The toolpaths display nicely in GRBL Controller.)
I'm not sure exactly what was causing it. At the time I was using Aspire to convert a picture so it could have been part of the process of the conversion that caused it. But I have noticed that it has gotten a lot better since I started using the G-Code Arcs (mm) (*.tap) Post Processor, virtually eliminated most of my problems with the Z Grinding. I was also getting intermittent pausing when I ran curtain code that was generated in Aspire, mostly from the use of imported files, it meant a 10 minute project would take nearly a hour. This was solved by going over the imported lines with the design tools in Aspire and then generating the code from them instead of the original imported ones. Hope that makes sense.

So far I have not really been happy with the code generated by the program and I do not have the time to mess around making my own post processor so I have ordered a Gecko G540 instead and will run it via Mach3.

Hope this has been of some help.

Erlend

Post by Erlend » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:55 am

What an annoying problem, since the software itself is great.