Makercam Crashing Browser on Chrome

an open source, web based CAM package that works!
philIam

Makercam Crashing Browser on Chrome

Post by philIam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:35 am

Everytime I go to calculate all, my shockwave crashes everything I have opening.

What's going on ?

Thanks!

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Makercam Crashing Browser on Chrome

Post by WillAdams » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 am

It might be that running it directly using the Flash player, instead of embedded in a browser will work better: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/ ... stallation
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

philIam

Post by philIam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:37 am

When I click on .swf it brings me to another browser version that fails the flash. Doesn't take me to an installation spot.

I downloaded partkam.swf... but how do I install and run it?

Regardless, the browser still missed key pockets bc it like freezes. I'm trying to pocket .125" holes with a .11 bit. This usually works. It's working for some of the holes. Must be makercam error.

Thanks!

philIam

Post by philIam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:03 am

Attached is a picture. Those non filled iwth green arrow circles are .125" diameter circles. I have it in makercam as .11" bit. This usually works. Maybe it's just not showing up on some for one or another reason? Usually when it does this it doesn't work.

Any ideas? I'm using the installed flash version.
Attachments
AACaptusssre.PNG
AACaptusssre.PNG (4.02 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

WillAdams

Post by WillAdams » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:33 am

Associate .swf files w/ Flash, not your web browser.

.11 is really close to .125 --- probably the path is less than some limit in MakerCAM causing the crash --- why not just use a drill operation? What's your runout? If it's around 0.007 you're golden.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

Woodworker

Post by Woodworker » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Are you using Inkscape ? Check the line width. I have had issues like this because I hade the line too wide and there was not room for the bit to make a pass.
BRuce - SO2 #4798 - IC's Z axis upgrade, customized Z rail and Z motor mount, spindle Dewalt 611

philIam

Post by philIam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Not sure what you mean by runout?

I'm mystified by drill operation

What's peck distance? That the step down? Why do I have to have hole spacing? What is that? I've googled I haven't found anything conclusive to these answers.

<Makercam is still just missing holes and it's taking forever way longer than it used to do to load the calculate all function. I can't get adobe flash on my computer easily so the server version would be best.

Any help is appreciated!

philIam

Post by philIam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:56 pm

The same problem persists with the desktop version. I downloaded file and opened it with Adobe Flash now.

WillAdams

Post by WillAdams » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:07 pm

http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/ ... Operations

Drill --- drills to the specified depth.
path center drills a single hole (usually used w/ a circular path approx. the diameter of the desired hole)
fill pattern uses the hole spacing parameter to fill the path w/ evenly spaced arrays of holes (usually used w/ a path which covers a large area --- useful for creating a grid of holes for a ventilation or a fan)

philIam

Post by philIam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Tinkercad (and I am a big promoter I have an article autocad is doing on the highest extend of CAD designing for tinkercad coming out soon) appeared to have fixed their SVG BS output, I thought so bc I had talked to the PM there. I assumed bc the lines were gone or the lack of their to the visual eye, I could use tinkercad.

Tinkercad was the source of the problem. SVGs not clean yet.

inkscape. good. Tinker. Bad.