Rubber Band Gun PLUS Bonus

Share your Shapeoko created projects!
clockit

Post by clockit » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:59 am

I've heard others request PDF's of project before, so, for those that can, here are the original PDF documents for the rubber band pistol PLUS a winchester lever action rifle AND a single action revolver. These PDFs were created for the scroll saw community and come with the instructions on how to assemble. I'll be uploading just the cut files later for the pistol only that will have all of the numbers and text cleaned up/removed and will be pretty much ready to cut. Also, it will include a 'consolidated' version for those that plan on using solid wood and when possible stacking like pieces and cutting out of 1 piece instead of multiple pieces and having to glue them together... I will upload the new files in SVG, DXF, and PDF formats in an attempt to cover everyone's needs... good luck and have fun!

NOTE: these layouts are oriented in a specific manner for cutting out of plywood with a good and bad side. This will allow for the good side to always be 'up' and will be the side you see on the finished gun. If you are using solid wood it won't matter and you can flip and nest as desired.
M9_RUBBER_BAND_GUN.PDF
(229.53 KiB) Downloaded 2753 times
LEVER-ACTION_RIFLE_MODEL_1873.PDF
(275.43 KiB) Downloaded 1766 times
SINGLE_ACTION_ARMY_REVOLVER.PDF
(323.9 KiB) Downloaded 1425 times
Shapeoko 2, Full Kit #7071, Makita RT0701C Router, 1000 x 1000 upgrade, Acme Z Axis w/Nema 17 Belt Drive

Woodworker

Re: Rubber Band Gun PLUS Bonus

Post by Woodworker » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:51 am

Thank you, now I have yet another diversion for the next three days.
BRuce - SO2 #4798 - IC's Z axis upgrade, customized Z rail and Z motor mount, spindle Dewalt 611

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Oh boy! I really needed another project (or three!) :twisted:

Thanks for sharing the plans!
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts

TomO

Post by TomO » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:24 am

clockit wrote:I've heard others request PDF's of project before, so, for those that can, here are the original PDF documents for the rubber band pistol PLUS a winchester lever action rifle AND a single action revolver. These PDFs were created for the scroll saw community and come with the instructions on how to assemble. I'll be uploading just the cut files later for the pistol only that will have all of the numbers and text cleaned up/removed and will be pretty much ready to cut. Also, it will include a 'consolidated' version for those that plan on using solid wood and when possible stacking like pieces and cutting out of 1 piece instead of multiple pieces and having to glue them together... I will upload the new files in SVG, DXF, and PDF formats in an attempt to cover everyone's needs... good luck and have fun!

NOTE: these layouts are oriented in a specific manner for cutting out of plywood with a good and bad side. This will allow for the good side to always be 'up' and will be the side you see on the finished gun. If you are using solid wood it won't matter and you can flip and nest as desired.
M9_RUBBER_BAND_GUN.PDF
LEVER-ACTION_RIFLE_MODEL_1873.PDF
SINGLE_ACTION_ARMY_REVOLVER.PDF
Hey clockit - still planning on uploading dxf files for these rubber-band guns? That lever action just got added to my project list.

This is such a cool project - great work

http://youtu.be/kzh-1hUooik

Thanks,
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clockit

Post by clockit » Sat May 02, 2015 5:59 am

Tom,

Not a problem, I'll try to get them up in the next day or two. Check out my new thread, I just completed my new and improved M9 for a buddy of mine. Let me know what you think!
Shapeoko 2, Full Kit #7071, Makita RT0701C Router, 1000 x 1000 upgrade, Acme Z Axis w/Nema 17 Belt Drive

Defy

Post by Defy » Mon May 25, 2015 3:04 am

Reading your clock post reminded me of this. I have some deployed buddies that would think this is pretty cool. Is the M9 PDF to scale? I am new to this whole process but I think just need to import the pdf files into Inkscape and turn them into vectors right? Then from there to a CAM program to gen the gcode right?

clockit

Post by clockit » Mon May 25, 2015 3:10 am

yes they are to scale... as far as the other stuff, you are right on track, import them into Inkscape, break them apart, create your dfx files based upon the thickness of material you plan on using, create your gcode and you're good to go! take a look at my thread I did on the complete gun, it will give you an idea on how I cut mine...

thesocialworker

Post by thesocialworker » Wed May 04, 2016 2:57 pm

I have been trying to make this gun ever since I saw it on youtube. I stumbled across your thread and you nailed it, great job. Did you ever get a chance to upload the svg files or dxf's? I am going to try to make it out of solid material like you did.

Alternatively, can any one guide me in converting the pdf to a useable file. When I try in Inkscape, the svg files are not joined and I can only cut on the line and can not cut inside nor outside the line because they are not connected. I have inkscape and auto cad at my disposal.

Thanks for your help.
Tim Newberry
Last edited by thesocialworker on Wed May 04, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimf

Post by Jimf » Wed May 04, 2016 3:00 pm

I made the m9 gun for my nephew. I had to reposition the parts so it would fit on my k40 bed size. I can post if you need it.

thesocialworker

Post by thesocialworker » Wed May 04, 2016 3:14 pm

That would be great. Thank you Jim