Chilipeppr Auto-level Problem !??

ArtFaks

Re: Chilipeppr Auto-level Problem !??

Post by ArtFaks » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:40 pm

Thanks for the tips
Shapeoko2 - Homemade CNC Control box - 400W/48V Chinese Spindle - Protoneer V3 Shield + DRV8825
Process - Illustrator > Makercam > UGCS

rodcar125

Post by rodcar125 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:26 am

Ill give it a try tomorrow after work and see if I get the same results as you and report back.
Chillipeppr is kind of difficult to work with at first but after a while it's a great tool. I use it for every job and haven't had any problems.

Just to be sure... You are in the grbl workspace of chilipeppr right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArtFaks

Post by ArtFaks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:38 am

Yes, of course i've GRBL Workspace with grbl0.9j ! Thanks for your help
Shapeoko2 - Homemade CNC Control box - 400W/48V Chinese Spindle - Protoneer V3 Shield + DRV8825

ArtFaks

Post by ArtFaks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi, good news, I've finally managed to get a good result with "Chilipeppr".

The bad new is, that the result i've ended up getting is not with auto-level because i still have the same problem with the pause and the final gcode decline will not load.

Apart from a small problem with an arc, the result is pretty satisfying, right?
What do you think ?

Can you please help me with my problem of auto-level and the arc issue.
IMG_1390-privé.JPG
IMG_1390-privé.JPG (368.8 KiB) Viewed 2247 times

rodcar125

Post by rodcar125 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:28 am

So... today I tried to run the file you sent me.

The first thing I noticed when I opened it was that your lines are way too long. I decided to air-run your program as it was to see if that was the problem and, as I suspected, while it was running the error Line Overflow showed up in the serial port console widget of chilipeppr. When this happens, GRBL discards the whole line and moves to the next one so when it tries to run that next line its most probable that you will get an error too (in your case error 33) for that line because of the calculations needed for that motion.

From GRBL "Interfacing with GRBL" wiki page:
error:Line overflow: Grbl has to do everything it does within 2KB of RAM. Not much at all. So, we had to make some decisions on what's important. Grbl limits the number of characters in each line to less than 80 characters (70 in v0.8, 50 in v0.7 or earlier), excluding spaces or comments. The G-code standard mandates 256 characters, but Grbl simply doesn't have the RAM to spare. However, we don't think there will be any problems with this with all of the expected G-code commands sent to Grbl. This error almost always occurs when a user or CAM-generated G-code program sends position values that are in double precision (i.e. -2.003928578394852), which is not realistic or physically possible. Users and GUIs need to send Grbl floating point values in single precision (i.e. -2.003929) to avoid this error.
GRBL error 33 description:
The motion command has an invalid target. G2, G3, and G38.2 generates this error. For both probing and arcs traced with the radius definition, the current position cannot be the same as the target. This also errors when the arc is mathematically impossible to trace, where the current position, the target position, and the radius of the arc doesn't define a valid arc.
So, all I did was to delete all the extra decimal places you have for the lines exceeding 80 characters and that was it. In your code, the following line is the only one that needs to be cropped:

Code: Select all

G3 X11.748000000000001 Y-12.312000000000001 I-6.193999999999999 J14.928999999999998
85 characters less 4 spaces = 81 characters ):

to

Code: Select all

G3 X11.748 Y-12.312 I-6.194 J14.929
35 characters less 4 spaces = 31 characters (;

after this, you wont get any error for the following lines so my suggestion would be to crop all your lines or to edit your Gcode generation program or post processor settings so it would only write out 3 decimal places for mm and 4 for inches

----------
For the problem you have with the autolevel feature of chilipeppr, I also had the same problem. After it touches the first point it just stops and do nothing. no error whatsoever so i tried to hit pause twice as you mentioned and moved to the next position only to stop there. This is obviously not the intended behavior and do not know how to correct it. Maybe sending a message to the developer ( Jarred?) ?

Rod

ArtFaks

Post by ArtFaks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:10 am

Many many thanks @rodcar125,

After doing some small research on the web with the informations that you give me, I find on the shapeoko wiki a software supposed to optimize the gcode provided by Makercam.

https://github.com/alsliahona/gcode-optimizer
gcodemillopt is Open-Source software which will optimizer gcode produced by software like MakerCAM. It does this by arranging gcode so that cutting operations are ordered to minimize the distance between cuts. When used with the -laser option it will convert G1 Z and G0 Z codes to M3 and M5 codes to turn on and off a laser instead of moving the Z axis. Written in open source C++ it should compile on most platforms. A 32-bit Windows binary is available in github along with the source code. If renamed to gcodelaseropt the -laser flag is enabled automatically.
So, I will make a next try with this software.

My toolchain for making my PCB is currently:
Eagle —> dxf export —> illustrator —> svg export--> Makercam —> gcode export —> Chilipeppr

But, i'll try with "eagle brd widget" in Chilipeppr. Perhaps better arc results.

woodworkerbob

Post by woodworkerbob » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 am

rodcar125 wrote:
For the problem you have with the autolevel feature of chilipeppr, I also had the same problem. After it touches the first point it just stops and do nothing. no error whatsoever so i tried to hit pause twice as you mentioned and moved to the next position only to stop there. This is obviously not the intended behavior and do not know how to correct it. Maybe sending a message to the developer ( Jarred?) ?

Rod
I'm having the same problem: goes to the first point, stops, press pause twice, next point stop, rinse and repeat. Any solutions? I'm running GRBL 0.9g.

Bob
Shapeoko 3 - #13, dust deputy, precision collets, limit switches.
SVEMakerSpaces

ArtFaks

Post by ArtFaks » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 am

Yes, solution is here !!! Use this Workspace http://chilipeppr.com/imania

With this Workspace the problem was fixed and autolevel work fine.

Auarhau

Post by Auarhau » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Yes, I also used this workspace for autoleveling. But this one does not have the newest eagle PCB import and g code functions found in the xpix workspace. It's very unfortunate that the /grbl workspace is not being maintained like the /tinyg one. Most of the solutions is already out there. But you need someone with the time and know-how to keep it all up to date.
ShapeOko 2. Nema 17 74 oz·in. GAUPS shield on Arduino Uno. DRV8825 Drivers x4 . Kress 1050 FME-1. Z Acme Screw. Threaded inserts table.

Alden1qa

Post by Alden1qa » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:07 am

The first thing I noticed when I opened it was that your lines are way too long. I decided to air-run your program as it was to see if that was the problem and, as I suspected, while it was running the error Line Overflow showed up in the serial port console widget of chilipeppr.

3D printing
3D printer